UKRAINIAN HUNTING AND
1. The essential unit of the Ukrainian Hunting and Fishing Association is a primary organization. It bears responsibility for organizational unity of its participants and exercises its rights in accordance with the Articles of the UHFA.
2. UHFA primary organizations are established for the purpose of:
- Engaging members of the UHFA in the activities related to the protectionand sustainable use of fauna
- Efficient development of the economy on the hunting grounds in use by the Association
- Arrangement and development of sport hunting and fishing as a popular means of recreation
3. UHFA primary organization key tasks are:
- Developing in members of the Association the commitment to take care of nature, responsibility for belonging to the Association, and the compliance with the Articles of the Association
- Carrying out promotional and explanatory activities among the members of the Association and local population on the issues of conservation, and sustainable use of hunting and fishing resources, and furthering the goals and tasks of the Association
- Encouraging the development of amateur hunting, trap-shooting, and sport-fishing
- Organizing participation by members of the UHFA in carrying out biotechnical activities on the grounds, taking actions aimed at protecting and enlarging the population of game animals and fish, and enriching their species
- Arranging the hunting of game and fishing, and as necessary, the culling of animals and birds in accordance with the established procedure
- Participating actively in the protection of hunting and fishing grounds, assisting in the struggle against poaching and other breaches of hunting and fishing regulations
All financial and economic issues of primary organizations are solved through the UHFA district (inter-district) and city organizations.
4. UHFA primary organizations are provided with a triangular stamp, accounting registers and ledger. According to p.5.7 of the Articles of the UHFA a part of the funds from the entrance and membership fees by the decision of the UHFA regional, Kyiv city, Sebastopol regional, district and city councils, having the status of legal entities, may be directed on financing events of primary organizations for the performance of the tasks set in the articles
2. Establishment of UHFA primary organizations
1. UHFA primary organizations are established by the decision of the Association district, inter-district, or city organization council providing the existence of at least seven members of the Association at enterprises, institutions, organizations, agricultural farms, educational establishments, villages and settlements. All their activities are performed on a voluntary basis.
2. Primary organizations are united into district, inter-district, city organizations of the Association
3. Establishing a primary organization on a voluntary basis, the district or city council of the Association may allocate its collective with hunting and fishing grounds for the exercising of a range of hunting and fishing activities and participating in labour and hunting events by members of the UHFA
4. Have and maintain premises for the hunters and fishermans corner, whose purpose is to popularize the conservation of nature and fauna reproduction, holding meetings of the primary organization council, as well as trainings and meetings for the members of the Association
5. The primary organization shall be given a name or a number by the decision of district, inter-district, city organization council board; it will be provided with a triangular stamp, necessary documents, instructions, reference books, list forms, accounting ledger etc.
6. In case of less than 7 members of the UHFA available at an enterprise, institution, other organizations, in accordance with the decision of the Association district, inter-district, or city organization council board, they are united with the members of another primary organization
7. Group work by members of the Association in large primary organizations workshops and village brigades may be established. One primary organization may include up to five brigades.
8. For the purpose of arranging the use of hunting grounds, securing their protection and engaging all the hunters in biotechnical and economic activities, it is recommended to implement common use of hunting grounds by the UHFA city and village organizations.
9. The activities of a primary organization may be terminated:
- by the decision of the general meeting of the primary organization;
- by the decision of the council board of the Association district (inter-district), city organizations, as well as of by the decision of the UHFA superior bodies, based on the non-performance by the primary organization of the requirements of the articles
Any UHFA organization, that has conducted reorganization by merging or joining to another organization, is considered liquidated, its property and funds remain at the disposal of the Association.
3. General meeting of UHFA primary organization
1.The superior body of a primary organization is the general meeting, called by the primary organization council as appropriate, but at least once a quarter
2. Primary organization general meeting is considered to be valid provided the majority of the registered members of the UHFA are present there. Their decisions are made by the majority vote of the number of the present persons
a) Elects on the alternative basis for the term of 5 years the head and the council of a primary organization, the auditing commission inspector, as well as delegates to the district, inter-district, and city conferences.
The head of a primary organization is approved by the board of UHFA district or city council. In cases of inactivity or violations of the Articles the board may dismiss him or her from the office:
- Considers and approves organization working schedules, hears reports of the council and the auditing commission inspector and takes decisions on the issues of their activities
- Makes decisions on applications for admission to the Association and on requests for expulsion from it.
- Decides on other issues, related to the work of a primary organization on performing the tasks of the Articles
- Analyzes the progress of nature protection and reproduction of hunting fauna and fish resources activities, determines the involvement of each member of the UHFA in biotechnical and protective event
The decisions on expelling persons from the members of the UHFA are made by the general meeting and approved by the board of the UHFA district or city council. Persons expelled from the UHFA may not take up executive positions, including the position of the head of a primary organization or be in the elected bodies of the UHFA
According to page 3.6 sub-paragraph of the Articles of the UHFA, members of the Association undertake to encourage the performance of biotechnical and economic activities in hunting and fishing farms in accordance with the standards, established by the boards of the UHFA regional, Kyiv city, Sebastopol regional, district, inter-district, or city councils and paid by the dues of the members of the UHFA.
4. UHFA primary organization activities
During the period between the general meetings, the primary organization activities are governed by the council, which calls its meetings at least once a quarter. The members of the council are elected at the general meeting by open vote, by majority vote of those present. The council size depends on the size of the primary organization and may not exceed one third of the number of members of the UHFA registered with this primary organization.
The council elects out of its membership the deputy head and secretary. In primary organizations, where a considerable part of the members consists of fishermen, two deputy heads are elected, one being in charge of fishing matters. The council head is responsible for general governance of the UHFA primary organization activities and reports to the UHFA city, district, and inter-district organizations on its organizational and economic condition. The council head keeps and holds all the documentation and the triangular stamp. The secretary of the council keeps protocols of general and council meetings, and on request of the council head he or she may keep other documents of the primary organization.
UHFA primary organization council:
- According to the Law of Ukraine On hunting economy and shooting, it encourages the provision of hunting events on the respective grounds with participation of members of the organization in the activities of protection and reproduction of hunting animals and birds, enrichment of fish resources, performance of biotechnical and other hunting and economic activities;
- Keeps records of members of the organization, hunting dogs, as well as assists in recording animals and bird populations on the hunting grounds
- Receives UHFA membership fees
- Carries out cultural and educative work with the members of the organization, promotes among citizens amateur hunting and sport-fishing, as well as the conservation of natural resources
- Organizes hunting and fishing activities, participation by members of the UHFA in biotechnical works, competitions in shooting and amateur sport fishing among the members of their collective, protects hunting and fishing grounds, assists in the struggle against poaching;
- Trains prospective members of the Association, submits applications for admission to the UHFA for the consideration of the collective general meeting;
- Organizes participation of the collective in contests and competitions held by the UHFA district and city councils, exhibits hunting trophies, souvenirs, hunting and fishing equipment, and facilities
- Takes measures regarding compliance with the legislation in accordance with the requirements of hunting and fishing regulations
- Arranges organizational activities, encourages its members, prepares applications for expulsion from the UHFA, and submits them for the consideration of the general meeting of members of the Associatio
Primary organization councils report on its activities for the reporting period at report and election meetings of the UHFA primary organization, as well as reports annually on the activities to the UHFA district or city organization.
All activities of the primary organization are based on the annual and quarter schedules.
These schedules are developed in cooperation with city, district, and inter-district organizations of the UHFA and the primary organization council, securing their performance. The schedule is considered to be adopted after its consideration at the general meeting of the primary organization and its approval.
The annual schedule provides for holding meetings of the primary organization and council on educational activities, release of visual aids, protection of hunting grounds, participation by members of primary organizations in biotechnical, economic, and other works on the grounds, game accounting, sport and cultural and public events..
Quarter and current planning is an essential part of the annual schedule and must be aimed at solving urgent problems of the primary organization, namely: start of hunting, storing and keeping forage, culling of harmful predators and birds, fighting poaching etc.
6. Admission to UHFA and registration of members of primary organization
To become members of the Association persons must at a minimum be aged 18 (for hunters) and 16 (for fishermen), recognize the Articles of the Association, be registered in one of the primary organizations of the UHFA and wish to go hunting, sport and amateur fishing and pay membership fees on time. The Association has youth divisions, admitting boys and girls aged 14, who are entitled to take part in the activities of the UHFA organization divisions, sport competitions and fitness events.
Admission to the members of the Association is carried out through general meetings of a primary organization on the basis of a written application from a person interested in being admitted to the Association with finalapproval by the board of the Association district, inter-district, or city organization council issuing the membership card. The cost of the membership card is set by the board of the UHFA district board. UHFA membership card is valid with the photo of the member of the Association, and also requires an insert card which is to be signed by the head of the district council and duly sealed. In the case of a lost membership card, the person who lost it, is given a replacement card after investigating the reasons for the loss and payment of the card replacement fee.
Members of the youth sections of the Association, who have reached the age of 18 and successfully passed the training under the program, approved by the UHFA organization council, are admitted to the Association on the reference of the division bureau according to the established procedure set out in section 3.2 of the Articles.
The members of other hunting and fishing associations of Ukraine and foreign countries are admitted to the Association according to the established procedures set out in section 3.2 of the Articles, without paying entrance fees.
A member of the UHFA must be registered with one of the primary organizations and take an active part in its work. He or she must be removed from the register in the event of a change in residency or place of work and within a month after arriving at a new place of residence or transfer to a new place of work become registered with the local Association primary organization.
Retired persons are registered with primary organizations at the place of their previous work or at the place of residence (the closest primary organization).
Persons admitted to the UHFA pay entrance and membership fees in the amounts set respectively by the board of the UHFA All-Ukrainian or regional council. Membership fees are paid as a rule in full by July 1st for the current calendar year. Members of the Association, who without good reason do not pay their membership fees in a timely manner, are considered to have quit the Association, and may be readmitted after meeting entrance requirements.
7. Auditing commission activities
The auditing commission of the primary organization or an inspector are elected for a term of 5 years at the report and election meeting by an open vote of the meeting participants. Members of the primary organization council may not be elected to the auditing commission (inspector).
The auditing commission elects out of its membership the commission head, deputy, and secretary. In primary organizations, where the number of registered members of the Association is under 50, it is recommended that one inspector be elected. Members of the auditing commission (inspector) take part in meetings of the council with the right of an advisory vote. In their work, the members of the auditing commission (inspector) are subordinate only to the primary organization meeting.
The auditing commission (inspector) in their activities follow the existing legislation, the Articles of the UHFA, decision of congresses, conferences and meetings, the Provisions of the UHFA auditing commissions, instructions of superior organizations and UHFA the auditing commissions, as well as recommendations of the governmental controlling authorities.
The auditing commission (inspector) must carry out an audit of the primary organizations activities at least once a year and report on the results at the general meeting. Inspections are also carried out in the case of replacing the council head and an organizations liquidation.
Inspection is carried out regarding:
- Performance of annual events of the development of hunting economy on the allocated grounds (availability of game, facilities, stored forage, etc)
- Fulfilment of annual plans of organizational and public work (condition of public promotion, visual aids, meetings, membership fee collection, admission to the Association, etc)
- Confirmation the timeliness of receipt of membership fees in the amounts, established by the Articles of the UHFA for different categories of members hip in the UHFA, check of members of the UHFA, who paid their membership fees, with the number of members of the UHFA, who are registered in the organization;
-Compliance with the regulations and standards according to the Laws of the Ukraine, requirements of the Articles of the UHFA, as well as performance of decisions of superior bodies of the Association
-Keeping documents and formalities
- Expenses and use of tangible assets (forage, construction materials), provided by local organizations of the Association
The primary organization council must assist the auditing commission (inspector) in carrying out audits and provide all required documents. During the inspection, the auditing commission (inspector), may engage other members of the primary organization
After completing the inspection, the auditing commission writes a report, thus informing the primary organization council. It controls the performance of measures for addressing deficiencies. The council within a period of two weeks must consider the auditing commission report and take the appropriate action.
Inspections in the UHFA primary organizations are carried out on a voluntary basis.
8. Struggle against poaching and protection of hunting grounds
The protection of hunting grounds from poaching is an important responsibility of the primary organization. It is performed collectively in accordance with the existing legislation of Ukraine.
Primary organizations undertake to perform educational activities with the local population on the issues of nature conservation, hunting fauna, use of hunting grounds, hunting events, sport and amateur fishing, and also to organize inspections of the UNFA hunting grounds in compliance with the Laws of the Ukraine On hunting economy and shooting.
9. Educational work
The UHFAs educational work is organized and carried out by the primary organizations of the UHFA. Key tasks of this educational work are cultivation among the members of the UHFA and population regarding the careful treatment of nature, prevention of negligent use of its wealth, encouragement of the members of the primary organizations and public to activities aimed at sustaining the fauna, and engagement of members of the UHFA in studying documents and literature to improve their knowledge of hunting and fishing sport.
The local population should be offered lectures, talks, radio and TV reports on the issues of nature conservation, the running of the hunting and fishing economy, and on the goals and tasks of the Association.
Members of the Association are given trainings on the regulations of the UHFA and the State commission for forestry and hunting economy, study of requirements of the Laws of the Ukraine On hunting economy and shooting , and other legislation of the Ukraine on the issues of activities related to the conservation of nature.
In the UFNAs educational work, visual aids are widely used posters, booklets, wall posters, etc and are placed in hunting clubs and corners. Sharing the experience of the best practices in hunting and fishing activities, amateur hunting, shooting, fishing sport, and development of hunting dog-breeding is ongoing.
Primary organization council and its head are responsible for developing and implementing educational work. The UHFA district and city council organizes this work.
10. Sport and public work
Sport and public work is carried out for the purpose of better organization and cultural development of hunting and fishing sport, growth of activity among the members of the Association and improvement of their level of knowledge.
Large primary collectives (over 50 persons) may form groups for: hunting, fishing, trapshooting, breeding of hunting dogs, and others. According to the provisions of the UHFA, such groups must follow in their activities the decisions of the primary organization council and the superior bodies of the Association.
Primary organization council arranges:
- Competitions in shooting, hunting and fishing
- Collective trips for hunting and fishing events
- Parties, meetings, disputes, conferences, commemoration of veterans of the UHFA involving the public and hunters and fishermens familie
11. Documents and property of primary organization and
relationships with district (city) UHFA organization
All documents and the official stamp are kept by the head of the UHFA primary organization.
The essential document of the UHFAs primary organizations is the Accounting register of the UHFA primary organization operations, kept by the head and deputy head in full compliance with the official forms.
The accounting register of the UHFA primary organization is kept for 5 years till its completion, and kept another 5 years, after inspections it may be written off according to the respective note.
Besides the accounting register of the primary organization activities, availability of the following documents is required: protocols of general meetings, council meetings, list of membership fees, reports of the auditing commission (inspector), governing documents, the Articles of the UHFA, instructions, decisions, resolutions of superior bodies of the UHFA. The term of their keeping is 3 years (except the Articles of the UHFA), after which they are removed.
Registers, ledgers must be numbered, bound, sealed and signed by the head of the primary organization. Copies of documents: protocols of general meetings, information on the number of hunting animals, hunted game, culling of harmful animals and birds and other must be transferred to the local UHFA organization within 10 days after their issue.
In cases of primary organization termination, all documents and the official stamp are transferred to the district (city) UHFA organization.
The resource base of the primary organization is formed by voluntary work of the members of the UHFA and may include: hunters room (corner) with means of hunting popularization, furniture, as well as the house on the hunting grounds with all facilities, forage store, solonetz, feeding-racks, etc., which are on the balance of the district (city) UHFA organization.
In case of primary organization liquidation all the resource base remains at the disposal of the district or city UHFA organization and is further transferred to another primary organization, responsible for this hunting ground.
The UHFA district (city) organization directs and controls the primary organization activities, delegates its representatives to the major events (reporting meetings, council meetings, competitions etc.), held by the UHFA primary organizations. The district (city) organization must inspect the activities of each primary organization at least every 2 years.
By the decision of the UHFA district (city) organization board, a primary organization, not performing its functions, may be dismissed early. There is a provision that members of the dismissed UHFA organization are not registered within one year with another primary organization. The issue of their membership in the UHFA is submitted for consideration of the board of the Associations local organization.
Disputes, arising between the UHFAs primary organizations are solved by the UHFA district or city organisation, and disagreements between the primary and district organization are solved by the UHFA regional organization.